You are here

These are the proceedings from meetings of the Open Space Institute.
  • Meeting Date: 21 May 2010

    Board Notes — OSI-US Friday, May 21, 2010

    Present: Ed Laboy, Peggy Holman, Douglas Germann, Karen Davis, Phelim McDermott, Christine Whitney Sanchez and Suzanne Daigle
    Absent: Harold Shinsato and Lisa Heft
    Suzanne took notes at the meeting.
    Started with silence, then check-ins.

    Reflections on WOSonOS in Berlin

    Peggy and Suzanne shared their experiences being at WOSonOS in Berlin describing what had been a lively event filled with passion, high energy and lively conversations.  Although there had been questions initially first in Berlin and then on the OSlist, the invitation to be in Chile in 2011 and London in 2012 is clear and has received wide enthusiastic support.

    On-line web presence and identity

    We continued our discussions acknowledging the many virtual tools that are out there now including Wiki sites which can be managed independently and which offer more features that many in the OS community seem to want. We are now using Word Press for OSI Board notes which is working well — easy to use in a shared, self-organizing way. The OS NING is also attracting more people.

    Suzanne offered to work with Harold as they explore and reach out to the OS membership with the intent of creating one or more subcommittees. The goal is to walk before we run, looking at the big picture and consulting many in the OS community in the process. This topic will be the primary focus of our next Board meeting though the Board will not be directly involved in assessing any particular technology.

    Doug has been working to connect with Michael Hermann to gather his insights as we look ahead to the long term anticipating that we will be changing our current platform at some point with an emphasis on a well-coordinated transition that assures we preserve and retain all the historical documentation that we have.

    Bin

    On Line Web presence and identity; confirm the availability of the OSI URL.

    Potential for “strategic collaboration in open space community”

    Annual meeting (all)

    ______

    Next meeting: June 18th – 10:30 am PDT / 11:30 am MDT / 12:30 pm CDT / 1:30 pm EDT / 9:30 pm GMT

    Karen will send us out a reminder with the call-in phone number a few days ahead of each meeting date.

  • Meeting Date: 16 Apr 2010

    Board Notes -- OSI-US Friday, April 16, 2010

    Present: Ed Laboy, Peggy Holman, Douglas Germann, Karen Davis, Harold Shinsato, Lisa Heft, Suzanne Daigle
    Absent: Phelim McDermott, Christine Whitney Sanchez
    Suzanne will be taking notes for us today.
    Started with silence, then check-ins.

    WOSonOS in Berlin

    Peggy, Lisa and Suzanne will be attending this year

    Lisa will be contacting US attendees to see if anybody wants to share rides from airport etc. if schedules align. She has been working behind the scenes with the Berlin Host Team and they have very communicative with Access Queen to assure that financial support for housing, transport and suggested ideas for additional fund-raising reaches those who need assistance; there is no specific source at this time however for larger amounts of funding such as for Asker flight expenses. Many individuals are being helped through the Access Queen program

    Brian Bainbridge Memorial Scholarship

    Many people involved including Lisa, Larry and Viv

    Lisa assisting under the umbrella of Access Queen

    A recipient has been selected for the scholarship (announcement at a later date)

    In future, Viv is exploring with Australia and New Zealand how to continue this scholarship;  Lisa as Access Queen is the informer, funds representative and communicator with the selected individual, as it both presents an international community face to the award plus aligns with Access Queen’s support of the recipient’s other access needs. However should this scholarship continue into future years, she can take the same roles (including being able to receive the scholarship money once it is collected) but cannot be the one who announces, invites and collects the funds specific to the scholarship - as it’s hard to do both this and the general Access Queen invitation and activities each year.

    Open Space Institute membership donations

    Peggy reports that $450-$475 has already come in following the contribution request  letter from Christine that went this past week on the OS list.  This money typically goes to a general use fund to support the growth and use of Open Space around the world. There may be special requests directed to particular projects i.e. Ning site, Brian Bainbridge Endowment) and this is on a case-by-case basis.

    OS Institute Board Notes

    Discussion and decision that in future the Board meeting notes will be posted to the OSI-US’s Word Press site rather than on the openspaceworld.net site. This is one of the action items in a series of what we will be doing to further establish OSI-US’s identity and resources on the web.

    A link to prior Board meeting notes will  appear on our the openspaceworld.net wiki directing people to the Word Press site.  Harold will be setting this up so the OS board members can edit/revise notes once they are posted in the event something is missing or needs to be changed. Michael Herman had indicated he would be happy to assist us in this transition of anything we need to migrate such as this.

    Ask letter from Haiti

    Initial discussions regarding financial request for their Annual Open Space scheduled for June 24th-27th with an expected attendance of 30 vs 20 Haitian Open Space facilitators last year. In light of the size of the financial request, board members will continue their discussions via email in order to provide a timely response taking into consideration available funding in the account currently.

    Words of intention for a successful WOSonOS

    Lisa Heft will be conveying our best wishes to our friends in Berlin from all of us in the US

    ______

    Bin

    Potential for “strategic collaboration in open space community” (deferred until Christine is back)

    Annual meeting (all)

    On Line Web presence and identity

    Special thank you to Tree and Gabriel (honoring them in gratitude for their dedicated contributions and work during our moment of silence at the beginning of our next meeting)

    ______

    Next meeting: May 21st - 10:30 am PDT / 11:30 am MDT / 12:30 pm CDT / 1:30 pm EDT / 9:30 pm GMT

    Karen will send us out a reminder with the call-in phone number a few days ahead of each meeting date.

Pages

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer